Tuesday 29 January 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: 29th January

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


"Now, with the drummer's absence of an aura, I was able to watch the muscles in his biceps and forearms flex as he slammed the drumsticks down in a whirlwind of precise movement. The beat was intoxicating, bumping each nerve inside of me."

- page 14, Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

7 comments:

  1. That was an interesting little teaser. I have to admit that I'm addicted to drummers. When watching a live band, I'm never overly impressed with lead singers, or guitarists, watching the drummer keep the beat is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I always wanted to be a drummer in my teens! I used to air drum along to my Green Day CDs so I totally get where you're coming from. Makes a nice change to go for the guy in the background rather than the singer as well! Thanks so much for your comment :)

      Delete
    2. No problem! Anyone who appreciates it when the spotlight is turned on the guy at the back of the band is OK by me. The book has made a great impression in two lines. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. This book sounds good! I love the cover as well. :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover definitely drew me in as well! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. Sweet Evil was a good read. Hope you're enjoying it.
    -Jelly My First Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my absolute favorites! i'm going to do a Sweet Peril feature tomorrow!

    Here's my first TT:
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...