Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's top ten is reading goals for the upcoming year. Here are mine!
1. Read 100 books. I love the Goodreads reading challenge and I haven't failed yet! I've usually had to up my target halfway through the year after setting it too low, but this year I've started out high. Fingers crossed!
2. Read some well-known children's classics. This is for my own Children's Classics Challenge and one book in I'm so glad I chose this as a challenge! I can't wait to keep going.
3. Read more classics. I think there's this perception that if you love books, you love the classics. I've never really got on with this theory and classics have always been a chore, but maybe this year it'll change! High up on the list to read this year are Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice.
4. Read those books I own that have been gathering dust on my shelves for years. I have so many books I've bought (mainly cheap from charity shops!) on the spur of the moment and just haven't got round to reading. I really must get round to reading them before I end up getting rid of them because they take up space :(
5. Read review books quicker. I'm really bad at reading review books. I think there's something about a book you didn't choose to read that makes it harder to get motivated to read it, but the last 2 books I got for review have been fantastic and I regretted putting them off!
6. Stop buying books when I have books to read. This is hard but I really, really need to cut back on my book buying! I just don't have room for a start which leads me to...
7. Get my own e-reader. I currently borrow one for all my e-book needs or use my iPod (which isn't ideal) so this year I'm going to invest in my own e-reader, and I think I may have been converted to the Kindle! It'll mean I spend less hopefully and don't have to worry about where I store books.
8. Read Twilight. This has been on my mind for a while and I even wrote a post about it for the blog. I've never read Twilight, which means I can't really comment too much on the books and the phenomenon because I haven't read the source material (I haven't watched the films either!). I think this year will be the year that changes.
9. Read more blogs! I love reading other book blogs but if I get behind on my own blogging then I end up running out of time to read and comment on other blogs.
10. Read books by debut authors. I signed up for the 2013 Debut Author Challenge this year and I'm really hoping to contribute. It'll probably be money dependant as I don't get arcs and I don't know whether I'll be able to afford to read as many as the challenge says, but fingers crossed I get to read a few!