Wednesday 23 January 2013

2013 Book to Film Adaptations

I recently came across this great article about the book to film adaptations coming out in 2013. This year some of my favourite books will make their film debut. I adore going to the cinema anyway so what could be better than combining two of my favourite things! In this post I discuss which films I'm excited to see and which books I still need to check out before the films come out (I always like reading the book first!). Enjoy.

Most Anticipated


City of Bones
(Cassandra Clare)
 
I'm a huge fan of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series so I'm completely giddy about the film adaptation coming out this year! The first trailer already tickled my taste buds. 

Starring: Lily Colins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Robert Sheehan
 Released: 23rd August 2013
Beautiful Creatures
(Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl)
 
I read the book last year after seeing the film trailer. I really loved the characters and it looks like the film adaptation is going to really do justice to the magic in the story!

Starring: Alden Ehrenreich, Alice Englert, Viola Davis, Jeremy Irons, Emma Thompson and Emmy Rossum 

Catching Fire
(Suzanne Collins)

I love The Hunger Games trilogy and the first film blew me away with how great the acting was and how faithful they were to the book. Catching Fire is my favourite book from the trilogy so I'm really excited to see how the film lives up to it!

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson
Released: 22nd August 2013
Read my review of Catching Fire


Books I need to Read!


The Host 
(Stephanie Meyer)

I'm still yet to read Twilight but I've heard better things about this book. With the film coming out this year it might just tempt me!

Starring: Saoirse Ronan, Max Irons and Diane Kruger

The Seventh Son
(The Spook's Apprentice by Joseph Delaney)

This has been on my to-read list for a while after I saw it described as a book for Harry Potter fans. The film adaptation will be released under the title The Seventh Son.

Starring: Ben Barnes, Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore
Released: 18th October 2013
Find out more about the book on Goodreads


Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
(Rick Riordan)

I read the first Percy Jackson book last year and enjoyed it! Haven't got round to seeing the film yet (I've heard not so good things about it) but might have to get round to watching that and reading the book before this film is released!

Released: 16th August 2013
Starring: Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson
Find out about the book on Goodreads

Which 2013 film releases are you most looking forward to? Have you read any of these books? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't even know Sea of Monsters was up for this year! I love love love that series but I didn't like the first movie at all! But I'll probably still watch it :) And I'm VERY excited for the City of Bones movie! I hope it will be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I just wish City of Bones was closer! It seems so far away right now! I can't wait to see another trailer for it :D thank you so much for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until City of Bones and Beautiful Creatures! I love both books. I'll be straight in the cinema as soon as they come out! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'll be there on release day for City of Bones - nobody try and stop me ;) thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to City of Bones, Percy Jackson and the Hunger Games. Mainly City of Bones though, the trailer looks so good!

    Outside of YA though, I can't wait for The Great Gatsby in May! Favourite book and it looks so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read The Great Gatsby! I'm so bad at reading classics and it's something I'm trying to work on ;D thank you for your comment as always Heather! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...