Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Opinion: Good Reading Vibes!
1. Reading good books: Of course this always helps ;) I think I've read an awful lot of books lately that have really got me excited. Having a book remind you just why you fell in love with reading and YA always puts me in a good mood!
2. Getting books for Christmas: I was so delighted when I saw the books I got for Christmas, because I certainly wasn't expecting as many as I got, and I got some of my most eagerly anticipated books. Reading those books over Christmas made my holidays perfect!
3. Treating myself: I've really had to cut down on buying books but I had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet and so I treated myself to two new books. Instead of going off my wishlist I decided to have a browse online and pick out two books I didn't know much about before, which made it even more exciting!
4: Creating a library wishlist: I have to be careful how many library holds I put on, because otherwise I end up reading exclusively library books for months and neglecting my own books! But the way I've got round this is by creating a wishlist on my library's online catalogue so that I can save it and then choose a book next time I want to place a reservation. Adding a book to my wishlist is just as satisfying!
5: Getting back into audiobooks: I love audiobooks and recently I've been listening back to The Hunger Games trilogy. It's made me realise how much I love listening to books and I'm excited about seeking out more this year.
6. Giving in to getting a Kindle: I've been borrowing an e-reader for months and considering getting my own, and I've finally settled (after much deliberation!) on a Kindle. Now the thought of getting one is making me a bit giddy ;) I'm bribing myself to read some of the books on my shelves before I buy one though so it's spurring me on as well!
7. Achieving something: I just finished Jane Eyre which has been on my shelf for over a year - and it feels so good to have finished it! I struggle with classics but I don't know why I've been putting this one off. I'm familiar with the story and it's great to read it in its original form and the writing is so beautiful.
8. Finding time to re-read: I've been re-reading the Harry Potter and Hunger Games books recently and I always think it's great to go back to those books you love when you need a bit of comfort reading!
What gets you back into a good reading mood?