Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's top ten is 2012 author discoveries. As I started this blog this year I've discovered a wealth of fantastic authors, so let's get cracking!
1. John Green - It took the release of The Fault in Our Stars to pick up a John Green novel. What a first book if his to read, though! Throughout the year I've been working my way through his back catalogue with only Looking for Alaska left to read.
2. Maggie Stiefvater - I picked up Shiver on a whim earlier this year and fell in love. I can't wait to check out other series by this author. I wasn't too keen on The Raven Boys but there are still books out there by Stiefvater that I haven't read yet and can't wait to sink my teeth into!
3. Maureen Johnson - Maureen Johnson is one of my all time favourite authors on Twitter because she's hilarious. I adored The Name of the Star when I read it at the start of this year and went on to read 13 Little Blue Envelopes after that. I'll continue to check out more of her books.
4. Claudia Gray - I've only read the first two books in the Evernight series but I never would have discovered this author if I hadn't stumbled across the first book in my local library.
5. Rachel Vincent - I'd been wanting to read the Soul Screamers books for a while but my first Vincent book was from her adult Shifters series. I managed to read My Soul to Take recently though and loved it!
6. Ally Carter - I've heard bits and bobs about the Gallagher Girls series but it took the first book staring me in the face at the library to pick it up. A series I should have started years ago!
7. Patrick Ness - When I read The Knife of Never Letting Go I knew Patrick Ness was a really special author, something which was proved more so when I read A Monster Calls. A great discovery for me.
8. Rick Riordan - So I finally read the first Percy Jackson book this year! The key word being finally. I can't wait to read more of the series.
9. Stephanie Perkins - Again, Anna and the French Kiss was a book I'd been meaning to read for what seemed forever and I fell in love with it when I eventually read it this year.
10. Ally Condie - I adored the first two Matched books and am so excited to read the final one! I really hope she writes more in the future because her writing style is so captivating.