Saturday 6 April 2013

News Round Up! 6th April

Welcome to my latest news post! Each week I'm going to recap the stories that have popped up on my radar surrounding YA books.

This week the biggest news story has to be the City of Bones trailer! This is the second trailer to be released so far and includes so much more than we saw in the original teaser (including lots more Jace!). Watch it on Youtube here.

Also in film trailer news, the trailer for the second Percy Jackson film - Sea of Monsters - debuted this week. I've only read the first book and haven't seen the first film so really must sort out both of those issues! Watch the trailer over on Hypable.

Fans of The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare will probably have heard of the Bane Chronicles - a series of short stories written by Cassandra Clare and other YA authors surrounding the character of Magnus Bane. This week it was announced that Jesse Willimas will narrate the first audiobook installment of the series. Read more about this story over on TMISource.

In Middle-grade news, details of the sequel to Chris Colfer's Land of Stories have been released this week including a title and cover. Read more about The Enchantress Returns and see the cover over on Hypable.

There's been a lot of buzz and excitement about the Delirium TV pilot filming, and this week Examiner.com posted a collection of photos from the set! You can see the photos at this link.

And in publishing news, the proposed merger of Random House and Penguin has been approved by the European Commission. The merger would make the group the world's largest publisher and is expected to be completed later this year. You can read more about this story on the BBC website.

Which of these news stories are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments!

New book releases:
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Buy: Amazon|Waterstone's|Book Depository

With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent
Buy: Amazon|Waterstone's|Book Depository

The Rising by Kelley Armstrong
Buy: Amazon|Waterstone's|Book Depository

A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
Buy: Amazon|Book Depository

That Time I Joined the Circus by J. J. Howard
Buy: Amazon|Book Depository

Light by Michael Grant
Buy: Amazon|Waterstone's|Book Depository



4 comments:

  1. I just uploaded a post similar to this on my blog. Check it out if you want:
    http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2013/04/news-books-movies-etc.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon - I'll check out your post now! :)

      Delete
  2. Great news roundup! The first Percy Jackson film was being played on TV last week. I made my husband stop and watch it - he kept asking me for the backstory. :-) I can't wait for the next one to come out. You definetely need to read those ones.

    I am actually kind of disappointed about the Random House/Penguin merger. I have a good working relationship with Penguin and they approve a lot of my ARC requests. But I don't yet meet the requirements for Random House. I'm hoping that I can still get my hands on some ARC's from them after the merger.

    Oh yes - FYI Apollyon by Jennifer Armentrout actually released a few days early on Amazon! You can get it Here!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely try and catch up on the Percy Jackson books! Films always motivate me to read things, because I like reading the book then seeing the film :P I hadn't thought about how the merger might affect people getting ARCs, that's a good point! I hope it doesn't cause too many problems. Fingers crossed it'll just be a behind the scenes change that doesn't affect the every day running of things, but I don't know enough about it to understand how it all works! Oh gosh, I still need to read something by Jennifer L Armentrout. SO behind on that one. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...