Wednesday 14 November 2012

YA Book Playlist

Recently I've heard a few songs on the radio and thought "ooh that reminds me of that book!" so I decided to put together a little collection of songs and the books I think they go with. Enjoy!



Book: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Song: Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth and Emile Sande

This was one of those songs I heard and automatically thought of the book. I just love it! It has such beautiful lyrics and I reckon it's perfect for Echo and Noah.




Book: Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Songs: Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Avril Lavigne
I Know You Care by Ellie Goulding

I picked two for this book. The first one is a cover version I've always loved by Avril Lavigne. I think it sets the mood just right.



This song by Ellie Goulding was used in the film adaption of Before I Die (Now Is Good). I still haven't seen the film but I love this song!



Book: Wonder by R.J. Palcio
Song: Wonder by Naughty Boy ft Emilie Sande

Okay this one is totally obvious because they share a title, but I think it fits in with the book too! It's such a positive, uplifting song.


Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Song: Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys
 
Another obvious one based on the title! But a great, feisty song for the girl on fire herself, Katniss.



 
Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
Song: Stay by Hurts
This song always makes me feel of the Ron leaving scene in Deathly Hallows and Hermione's reaction. It sums up their relationship in general pretty well too. Great lyrics.


 Book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Song: I Can't Speak French by Girls Aloud
Because all the songs above were quite emotional ones I wanted to throw in something fun!


 


I might do this again some time because I loved getting all these songs together, and I'm sure there's loads I missed out! Is there a song that makes you think of your favourite book/characters? Let me know in the comments! :)


1 comment:

  1. Great post! The song and book I've always thought went together is 'The Outsiders' and Springsteen's 'Dancing in the Dark'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...