Friday 17 August 2012

Friday Finds - 17th August

FRIDAY FINDS is hosted over at Should Be Reading and showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

It's been a while since I took part in Friday Finds so I'm excited to join in again! Here are my finds for the past couple of weeks (to catch me up!).




The Betrayal of Natalie HargroveThe Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate. I picked this up in a charity shop this week. I hadn't actually heard of this title but I'm currently waiting for Fallen by Lauren Kate to become available at the library, so I thought it'd be good to check out another book by her, too!









Someone Else's Life
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale. I nearly bought this whilst I was away but I'd already bought a few books so I passed. The title stayed with me, though, so as soon as I got home I looked it up. My library has a copy so hopefully I'll get a chance to read it eventually. It's about a girl whose mum dies from Huntington's, who also faces the chance of having the illness herself.







ShiftShift by Em Bailey. Another "almost bought". "There were two things everyone knew about Miranda Vaile before she'd even started at our school. The first was that she had no parents - they were dead. And the second was that they were dead because Miranda had killed them." Once I read that I knew I had to read this book!


 




I'm still holding back a bit at adding books to my TBR because I have SO many books to read at the moment, so this week's FF is a short one again.

6 comments:

  1. We will never be able to catch up with the books we own, want to read etc, lol :-) It is a wonderful feeling.

    Enjoy the weekend.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-finds-mix-of-genres.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! And I'd rather be overwhelmed with books that have nothing for read :D thanks for your comment, have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  2. New Follower. Great Choices This Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of Lauren Kate's Fallen Series, but I hadn't realized she had other books out. I will need to check this one out as well. I've spotted the cover of Shift before and thought it looked amazing but I didn't get a chance to see what it was about. WOW! I have got to get my hands on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the cover! It's what drew me to it in the book shop :D very nearly bought it but it can be saved for the birthday list or something. I can't wait to read the Fallen series. I've heard such good things :) thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...