Thursday 23 August 2012

Bookmarks!

 Bookmarks! I love bookmarks. I realised lately that my supply of bookmarks is becoming somewhat of a hoard. I couldn't live without them, though. Ever since I banished my page folding days and became obsessive about looking after my books (I hate breaking the spine - I've had people comment that my books don't look read!) I always make sure I have a bookmark on hand.

So for this post I thought I'd share some of my favourite bookmarks!



 
London 2012 has been everywhere recently, and when I wasn't watching the Games I was, of course, reading. I picked these up whilst in London for the Olympics. The bookmark on the right came free from Foyles. Love that shop! The Team GB one has had the most use. Nothing like supporting your team whilst enjoying a good book.




 
Promotional bookmarks! I got the top one free in a book I bought and the bottom one came free with a review copy book I was sent.



 
And of course bookmarks make great gifts! The above bookmarks were presents from friends. Aren't they cute?! I love using the Expecto Patronum one with a Harry Potter book. Makes it even more magical.




Of course, makeshift bookmarks have to do sometime. I've found the ultimate makeshift bookmark is the print out from the library machine. When I take books out it gives me the option to take a receipt which has the return date on. If I use that as a bookmark then I never forget when to take it back! I've never had a late fine so it must be working.

Do you use bookmarks or are you a page folder? Maybe you're like a certain family member of mine who just leaves the book open, turned over on the sofa arm? (I disapprove of this...) What are your favourite bookmarks? Let me know in the comments.



3 comments:

  1. I used to be a big bookmark user. I have a lovely metal one with a teddy bear on the end that was a Christmas present one year.
    Over the past couple of years I've become more of a corner folder because I went through a stage of losing bookmarks. I do have a Book Depository one with American and English temperatures on though that I use now.
    As for family, my mother likes to use train tickets so the next time she reads a book she can see where she went with it last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always a bit scared of losing my bookmarks. I use the library a lot so I get the fear sometimes that I've returned a book with a bookmark still in! Oh I love the train ticket idea :D that's so lovely!

      Delete
  2. I love bookmarks but like you worry I'll lose my favourite ones. I spotted one in your post that I recognised ;)

    Molly x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...