Saturday 21 December 2013

The Weekly Book Round Up! 21st December




Welcome to my latest Weekly Book Round Up! Depending on how busy I am, this may be my last one of the year. I'm hoping I'll squeeze another one in next week to catch you up on my holiday reading, but as it's a time where I tend to stay away from my laptop and spend time with family, I'm not going to worry myself too much about blogging for the next week or so. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and here's what's been happening on the blog and in this news this week!


In the News

The film adaptation of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars now has a poster! You can see the poster which features Hazel and Gus below.


Some concern has been raised over the tagline but John Green addressed the issue on his Tumblr page.

John Green has also been busy launching this year's Project For Awesome campaign in which Youtuber's create videos of support of their favourite charities. Get involved over on projectforawesome.com.

A new clip from the upcoming Divergent adaptation has been released. The footage features Four showing his tattoos to Tris. Watch the clip below:


And J. K. Rowling has announced that a stage production focusing on the early years of Harry Potter's life is in development. Read the full statement on her website.

On the Blog
 
It's been a slightly quieter week for me on the blog as I gear up for Christmas, but I still managed to get up some exciting posts. On Monday I shared my review of Secret Lies by Amy Dunne which had a great love story. Tuesday saw my Top Ten New-to-me Authors of 2013 post, and on Wednesday I posted my review of Frostbite by Richelle Mead which was a joint review with Daisy from FangirlDaily.

What I've Been Reading
I've just finished Champion by Marie Lu so my review of that will go up sometime after Christmas. I've just started Red by Alison Cherry which comes out at the start of January, so keep an eye out for that! I'm also excited to announced I'll be featuring a guest post from the author.

I have a couple of January review books line up to read over the holidays including The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard and The Scar Boys by Len Vlahos. I also want to finish Throne of Glass. Fingers crossed I get lots of reading done!

What have you been reading this week? Any news stories caught your eye? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh the TFIOS poster! Brings back so many feels. Also, HARRY POTTER STAGE SHOW??! Best news ever :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...