Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Traditions & Blog Schedule for the Festive Season

So now my presents are bought and Christmas is round the corner, I'm really getting into my festive swing. I thought to carry on that festive feeling I'd share a few of my favourite traditions!

Reading


Duhhh! I'll have some time off over Christmas which means time to curl up with a good book. I usually try and squeeze some Harry Potter in and I have a copy of The Gift by Cecelia Ahern which I read last year and it helped me feel a bit more festive!

Films


So the films that I must, must watch over Christmas are Love Actually (which is my favourite film ever, not just for Christmas!) and The Holiday. A slightly more guilty pleasure film is The Santa Clause which is best watched on Christmas Eve.

Norad Tracks Santa

On Christmas Eve we'll have the Norad Tracks Santa website up on the computer all day. If you haven't checked it out then you should, because it's so fun. You get a map showing where Santa is and how many presents he's delivered so far, as well as little games to play. I mean my house is full of adults but I think this brings back all those childhood memories of waiting up for Santa


Food



Christmas is all about the food! I love mince pies. I bought a box for myself because nobody else in my house eats them. They're even better warmed up in the microwave! On Christmas Day itself we do turkey and all the trimmings, followed by Christmas pudding and custard. Yum! In the evening a little slice of Christmas cake goes down pretty well. On Christmas Eve we have a buffet of party food which is the best thing ever.

New Year

New Year is my absolute favourite time because I love looking back on my achievements and then starting  afresh for the year ahead. I always go into a new year feeling motivated! My new year tradition is spending time with my best friend. We're not going out people so we stay in, watch DVDs, pig out on food and play board games instead!


The blog over Christmas and New Year

I believe this time of year is a time to be spent with close ones and not glued to my laptop or iPod, which is why the blog will be going a bit quiet. I will still be posting a Top Ten Tuesday tomorrow, as well as December's Book of the Month and 2013's Books of the Year post.

My reading has slowed down a bit whilst I've been busy sorting out Christmas shopping and learning to drive, so I don't think I'll have any more reviews this year, but once I have some free time over the holidays I'll be flying through books ready for a new year filled with book reviews!

Thank you for reading and following over the past year and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, and a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love reading about other people's Christmas traditions :) Our family always watches Elf and The Santa Clause every year...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...