Saturday 9 March 2013

News Round Up! 9th March

It feels like ages since I did a news post so it's time to catch up on what's been happening recently around the world of YA fiction!

The Catching Fire marketing campaign has kicked off with the release of several character posters over on the CapitolCouture.pn website. We've got glimpses at Finnick, Joanna and Beatie as well as Katniss, Gale, Peeta and Effie. Those plus even more characters can be found here on MTV.co.uk.

Meanwhile Lauren Oliver has been busy since Requiem was released in the US this week. She released this lovely video for her British and Australian fans (who are still waiting for the release on the 21st of this month) on Tumblr. Watch it here! There's also plenty of news about the upcoming Delirium pilot including the casting of Jeanine Mason who will play the role of Hana. Read more about that on EW.com right here.

There's been a lot of talk on Twitter about the new covers for Stephanie Perkins' books Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happy Ever After. I know a lot of people don't like mid-series cover changes (I'm kind of with them on that) and that a lot of people thought the original covers were fine (I'm kind of with them there too) but I don't actually mind the new covers, which you can see over on Stephanie Perkins' blog right here. I think they're lovely and colourful! This whole story has made me realise how much I need to get round to reading Lola and the Boy Next Door. I loved Anna and the French Kiss! What do you think of the new covers? Do cover changes bother you?

One book I've been dying to read lately is The Selection by Kiera Cass because I'm hearing a lot of good things. Like Delirium, there's currently a TV pilot in the works and casting information is coming thick and fast! Anthony Head is the latest name to join the line up. Read more about his casting here on Hypable.

Finally, Hypable.com have recently launched their Book Hype podcast. I'm a huge fan of some of Hypable's other podcasts and of podcasts in general so I can't wait to check this one out! Their book news on the site is awesome so I have no doubt their podcast will be too. Find out more about Book Hype right here.

Which of these news stories has got you most excited? Any other book news I've missed that I need to know about? Let me know in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...