Tuesday 12 February 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Romances

 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish  and this week's top ten is all about the romance! Now I'm not usually one for lovey-dovey romance but I do like to ship, which is why some of these couples are included ;) Here are my top ten book romances:

1. Harry & Ginny from Harry Potter
 My ultimate ship! I literally squee and clap my way through Half-Blood Prince and Harry and Ginny's relationship is the reason for that. I think they're so perfectly matched - their personalities fit perfectly and they share the same sense of humour.

2. Ron & Hermione from Harry Potter
But of course you have to root for Ron and Hermione. I love that they're the complete opposite to Harry and Ginny, and that it takes them the whole series to get together. They're hilarious when they bicker!

3. Alec & Magnus from The Mortal Instruments
I really like how this relationship has played out over the series and how it's far from perfect. They've had a lot to overcome.

4. Jace & Clary from The Mortal Instruments
If it were possible to will a couple to have better luck I'd use it on these two, but I think that's what's made it such a good love story! There's a bit of love/hate which always helps, and then the whole life in danger thing.

5. Lena & Ethan from Beautiful Creatures
I loved the connection between these two and how natural it felt. I've only read the first book so I'm really interested to see how their relationship develops over the series. I love that the book is told from Ethan's perspective too - love from the guy's side is always interesting!

6. Echo & Noah from Pushing the Limits
I adored this book and this couple! They're both such feisty characters and I loved how passionate their relationship was.

7. Cassia & Ky from Matched
I think this is one of my favourite fictional pairings because they go through so much and go on such a journey, plus there's something forbidden about what they're doing! But most of all I just love how perfect they are together and how Ally Condie's writing really conjures up how much they care for each other.

8. Sam & Grace from The Wolves of Mercy Falls
This is another top favourite, because I adored both characters individually and they just seemed destined to be together <3 Plus Maggie Stiefvater writes their love so well!


9. Oliver & Hadley from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
I loved the unique spin on this one and how the book and romance takes place in such a short time!

10. Anna & St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss
I just adored this book and how it managed to keep the humour in everything and how Anna was just a bit hopeless when it came to love. Throw in a romantic setting and it's perfect! Plus St. Clair is pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Ron & Hermione are on my list, too! I also like Alec & Magnus, but I only read the first two books in the Mortal Instruments series, so I haven't seen them have an actual relationship - I think it was obviously hinted in book two, but Alec seemed like he was trying to hide it from everyone. I may try and continue that series just because I'm curious about those two, but I'm not a big fan of Clary, so I had to take a hiatus.

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the rest of the series - it took until the 3rd book to really win me over :D Glad to see Potter couples still getting so much love! Thank you so much for your comment :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...