Saturday 21 September 2013

News Round Up! 21st September

 News Round Up!

The title of The 5th Wave sequel by Rick Yancey has been announced this week. The second book will be called The Infinite Sea. The book is due for publication in 2014.

Jennifer L. Aremntrout's Covenant series has been optioned for a TV series. Read more about the deal on FangirlDaily and Aremntrout's blog.

Geek Girl by Holly Smale will now be published in the US after the author signed a deal with HarperCollins US. Smale announced the news on Twitter this week. You can read my review of Geek Girl at this link.



Another quote from Allegiant by Veronica Roth has been unveiled this week, and the latest is a thought from Four. See the collection of quotes over on Hypable.com.

It was revealed this week that Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell had been banned from a library's shelves in the US and the author's invitation to speak at an event receded after parents took issue with the language used in the book. Rowell spoke to Mallory Ortberg over on The Toast to explain what had happened.

And Gennifer Albin, author of Crewel, has revealed she authored a New Adult novel under a pen name. Catching Liam has now been reissued with her name on the front, with the announcement of a second novel titled Teaching Roman releasing this autumn. Check out more about the books on the author's website.

New releases:
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Amazon|Goodreads

Once We Were by Kat Zhang
Amazon|Goodreads

3:59 by Gretchen McNeil
Amazon|Goodreads

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
Amazon|Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that Geek Girl is being published in the US! I obviously live in the UK so I'm not really sure why but I'm really pleased for Holly.

    I can't believe that Eleanor & Park was banned. It's one of my favourite books! I really don't agree with banning books...

    Thanks for sharing, Sarah! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! British things seem to be so popular over there (music and TV wise anyway!) so I hope it really catches on :D I've got Eleanor and Park on hold from the library and I'm really excited to read it. It does make me sad that people take things so out of proportion. It still baffles me when I read articles about Harry Potter being banned! Thanks for the lovely comment :D

      Delete
  2. What a way to start off Banned Book Week. I have been meaning to get a copy of Eleanor and Park now i just have even more reason

    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty
    @Bookz4Nerdz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I've only read positive reviews of it so hopefully it'll lead to more people discovering the book. I've got it on hold at the library and can't wait to read it. Thanks for the comment! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...