Friday 27 September 2013

Book Playlist: Model Misfit by Holly Smale

So yesterday I posted my review of Model Misfit by Holly Smale (out now - go grab yourself a copy!) and I just couldn't resist making a little playlist for it! Most playlists I make are all kinds of serious and full of emotional songs so it was nice to do something a bit more lighthearted and fun, although there's still a few songs with good messages in there that really reflected some of what Harriet goes through. Anyway, enough rambling. ENJOY!


Left My Heart in Tokyo - Mini Viva

Parts of Model Misfit are set in Tokyo and this is one of my all time favourite pop songs so favourite book, meet favourite pop song!

I left my heart in Tokyo,
Down by the river don't you know.
I had to let it go,
Nobody know know knows,
That I left my heart in Tokyo,
Down by the river don't you know.
I had to let it go,
Nobody knows, can bring it home 
 


Who's Laughing Now? - Jessie J

This is such a feel good song and is perfect for Harriet's rise to fame against all the odds!

Oh they pulled my hair,
They took away my chair,
I'd keep it in and pretend that I didn't care...

Oh, so you think you know me now,
Have you forgotten how,
You would make me feel,
When you dragged my spirit down?
But thank you for the pain,
It made me raise my game,
And I'm still rising, I'm still rising...


Mobile - Avril Lavigne

I <3 Avril Lavigne and this song also focuses on the craziness of fame and life changing when you're just trying to be young and get through teenage life unscathed!

Went back home again,
This sucks gotta pack up and leave again,
Say goodbye to all my friends,
Can't say when I'll be there again,
It's time now to turn around,
Turn my back on everything...


Clumsy - Fergie

Well duh, I had to choose this song because of the title.

You got me tripping, stumbling, flipping, fumbling,
Clumsy cause I'm falling in love,
You got me slipping, tumbling, sinking, fumbling,
Clumsy cause I'm falling in love,
 


Every Breath You Take - The Police

So when I think of Toby there is really only one song that comes into my head. I mean I love him, but I just could not resist. (SORRY.)

Every breath you take,
Every move you make,
Every bond you break,
Every step you take,
I'll be watching you...

About the book: 


 
My reviews: Geek Girl|Model Misfit
Buy Model Misfit: Amazon|BookDepository
Author: Website|Twitter
 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I'm reading Model Misfit at the moment so this has really got me in the mood.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you're enjoying it! :D I loved it so much :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...