Saturday 13 July 2013

News Round Up! 13th July



Each week I recap some of the YA related news stories that have popped up on my radar over the past week. Here's this week's news!

Goodreads have released some interesting facts and figures about why and when people abandon a book. You can find the infographic on Goodreads here, which includes the top five abandoned books. Do you give up on books if they don't grab your attention, or do you just have to finish? Let me know in the comments!

Every week there is Divergent filming news and this week is no different. Filming wrapped this week but that doesn't mean there's nothing left to talk about. For one, an awesome picture of Tris and Christina jumping from a train appeared online this week. You can view the still over on Fandomsnews.com. You can also see a great behind the scenes video here on Hypable. Back to the books, and Allegiant is officially ready to be printed, and you can find out more about Veronica Roth's US Allegiant tour right here.

Filming of The Fault in Our Stars, the adaptation of John Green's bestselling novel, is due to start on 26th August, with an expected release in 2015. Read more about this story over on Hypable. As well as a filming schedule, it was also revealed Bright Eyes would be providing the score.

The cover for the latest instalment in The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare has been revealed. See the cover for The Midnight Heir here on Hypable.

Which of these news stories are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. That Goodreads statistic thing is very cool! I think all top 5 books are quite hyped, so shows that hype isn't always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I can understand The Casual Vacancy (although I knew going in it was never going to be Harry Potter, but I like adult comtemp and still didn't enjoy it!) and I don't think anyone's surprised at 50 Shades! I'm one of those people who always has to finish a book but I do wonder whether I should start DNF-ing to free up my time :P

      Delete
  2. I'm unfortunatly someone who does give up on books if they don't grab me by the first chapter! However, I'm surprised to see the girl with the dragon tattoo to be one of the most abandoned books!
    But I agree with the hype comment above, it's probably the main reason.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...