Sunday 23 June 2013

Weekly Book Round Up! 23rd June


Weekly Book Round Up!

16th - 23rd June 

This is my weekly recap of the books I've been reading and the things I've been posting on the blog from over the past week. It also gives me a chance to share the books I've been acquiring over the week. I love hearing your thoughts in the comments! Let me know which books you've been reading or which of the books I got my hands on I should read next.

Currently reading:
Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind by Andy Robb

I won the second book in this series (see below!) so I downloaded this one from the library straight away. I'd been wanting to read it for a while and I'm so glad I've bumped it up the list because it's freaking hilarious!

Books finished:
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
Addicted to You by Colina Brennan

Books reviewed:

Won:
Geekhood: Mission Improbable by Andy Robb
Waiting for Gonzo by Dave Cousins

Huge thank you to Laura at SisterSpooky for these amazing signed books! I've been wanting to check out the Geekhood books for a while and Waiting for Gonzo was one I didn't know much about so I'm really excited to dive in. The bookmark (in the middle of the photo) is super cute as well!

Library books:

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind by Andy Robb

I finally have my hands of The 5th Wave! You can't avoid the hype for this one so I'm really intrigued to see if it lives up to it. I read the free chapter sampler and really enjoyed it so I'm excited to carry on. And I downloaded Geekhood through Overdrive from my library to read after winning the sequel.


For review:


Addicted to You by Colina Brennnan

I was sent an e-book copy of this as part of New Leaf Literary's Addicted to New Adult promotion.My review should be up next week!


Hold Your Breath by Caroline Green

This was a complete surprise waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday! It looks really interesting though and right up my street. Thanks Piccadilly Press!

Kindle Freebies:
I am the Enemy You Killed, My Friend by John Stephen

I saw the publisher tweet about this one on Twitter and it looks a bit different - about a young war veteran.


Other posts:
Top Ten Tuesday: Books at the Top of My Summer TBR
News Round Up!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Geekhood! I've read the first one recently and loved it, and the second is definitely on my summer reading list. Waiting for Gonzo looks quite funny as well. I'm hoping to read the 5th Wave this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...