Saturday 4 January 2014

The Christmas and New Year Book Round Up!



Hello everyone! So the blog is back up and running after a bit of a break over the festive period. I like taking a break from blogging at this time of year so I can relax, spend time with family and of course catch up on some reading! I'm also excited to share some of the new books I've got my hands on, both as presents and as treats to myself in the sales. So let's get caught up!

Books I've Received

For Christmas I got two books, pictured below.



Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle - I've already finished this and it was fantastic! It's three interlinked short stories set around Christmas and it was the perfect Christmas Day reading.

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - I've heard amazing things about this book from other bloggers and the girls at Epic Reads' Tea Time so I was super happy when I unwrapped this!

Books I Bought



I may have treated myself to a few books in the sales! There were some Kindle books cheap so I bought The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson and How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr because they're both books I've been wanting to read for ages and couldn't resist for 99!



I also treated myself to the hardback of Teardrop by Lauren Kate which was half price in Waterstones. I've already finished it because I couldn't put it down! Hopefully I'll have my review up soon.

Films I Received

I also got some YA book adaptations on DVD for Christmas, including Beautiful Creatures which I hadn't seen before. I absolutely loved the film, even more than the book! I also got The Hunger Games on DVD which I didn't previously own but had seen before.

On the Blog

So the posts were back up and running this week and I started out with my Books of the Year post, in which I rounded up all my books of the month from 2013. Then I reviewed The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard which wasn't quite for me in the end. I moved on to Red by Alison Cherry which was a book I loved, and I also had Alison on the blog this week talking about the research she did for Red which was exciting! Huge thank you to Alison for her wonderful guest post. Then I finished up the week with my review of the fantastic Pawn by Aimee Carter.


What books did you receive for Christmas? And what books have you been reading over the holidays? I always love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Tiger Lily! I'm SUPER excited to see what you think of it :)
    Let it Snow is definitely the most perfect Christmas read <3
    I'm definitely looking forward to your review of Teardrop! I love it as well, so I can't wait to read your review!
    Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Ive wanted to read How to Save a Life for a while. And I love the cover of Tiger Lily! Hope you had a good Christmas break :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...