Saturday 14 December 2013

The Weekly Book Round Up! 14th December


It's been another busy week what with Christmas meals out and more driving lessons to be getting on with. It was also my sister's birthday this week so I've been seeing family. Understandably I've had less time for reading! But I've still got lots of exciting things to talk about.

In the News

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters was released on DVD in the UK this week. Buy it over at Amazon. Thanks to FangirlDaily for the story!

Ridley Scott has optioned a new YA fantasy series - Fae by C. J. Adebi. Read more over on Hypable or check out the book on Goodreads at this link.

The winners of the Roald Dahl Funny Prize were announced this week, with I am Still Not a Loser by Jim Smith taking the prize in the seven to fourteen year old category. See more over on the BBC News website.

The cover of Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater, the spinoff from the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, has been unveiled over on EW. Check out the cover at this link.


 On the Blog

On Monday I posted my review of Requiem by Lauren Oliver, the final book in the Delirium trilogy. Whilst it wasn't my favourite book of the three, it still proved that Oliver is one of my favourite authors. On Tuesday I posted the Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR as part of Top Ten Tuesday. Thursday saw my review of Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan, a book that was recommended to me by a friend and which I really enjoyed. And on Friday I shared my thoughts on being a mood reader compared to an organised reader.

What I've Been Reading


Like I said, it's been a pretty quiet week reading wise! I've turned my attention to Champion by Marie Lu which is really good so far, and I'm hoping to settle down with it over the weekend. Then once I've finished that I can hopefully return to Throne of Glass and start on some January review titles. Phew! I also picked up a copy of  Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult - one of the few of hers I haven't read - in a charity shop.

What have you been reading this week? Bought any great books? Seen any interesting news stories? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I watched "Sea of Monsters" via Amazon Prime instant video. It was incredible! So much better than the first movie, and so much closer to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks for the note about Percy Jackson, I've just added it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...