Monday 21 January 2013

December's Book of the Month!

Each month I like to look back on the books I reviewed the previous month and choose a favourite. I realised recently that with all the fuss of Christmas and New Year I'd forgotten to choose December's Book of the Month! December was quite a quiet month for reviews as I had a lot of other things going on so it's a small pool to pick from, and two of them were re-reads. I've decided to pick something that was completely fresh to me for my Book of the Month and so without further ado, my Book of the Month for December is...



Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl!

I'd been meaning to read this book after hearing a lot of hype around the film. Once I got into the story I found myself really loving the world and the characters. I liked the small-town setting and the relationship between the two main characters. I'd definitely recommend it! You can read my full review of Beautiful Creatures right here and find out more on Goodreads here.

Runner up:
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

2 comments:

  1. I loved Beautiful Creatures. I started the series before I knew it was going to be a film. Apparently I missed that? lol But, I really enjoyed the first three. The fourth just recently landed on my (real) shelf, so I'll be picking it up soon. Can't wait to find out how it all ends. :)
    Great choice!
    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get round to the second book! :D I think it had popped up on my radar before I knew there was a film but then I saw the trailer and bumped it up my to-read list. I always like reading the book before seeing the film so at least I managed that! I hope the next book is as good :D

      Thanks so much for your comment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...