Friday 26 July 2013

Playlist: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

After I finished reading Dare You To by Katie McGarry, I was sunning myself in the garden (with factor 50, trying not to burn obviously!) and listening to my iPod, and it struck me how many songs were making me think about situations and characters in the book. The characters were still firmly rooted in my brain and I just couldn't stop applying songs to Beth and Ryan. At the end of Dare You To, Katie McGarry links to her own playlist for the book which you can find on her website here. Below is my own playlist with songs I love I felt fit the book. It was so fun to put together so I hope you enjoy it!

Anything but Ordinary by Avril Lavigne
Beth's song


To walk within the lines 
Would make my life so boring 
I want to know that I 
Have been to the extreme 
So knock me off my feet 
Come on now give it to me 
Anything to make me feel alive

The Writer by Ellie Goulding
Ryan's Song
 


Why don't you be the artist  
And make me out of clay  
Why don't you be the writer  
And decide the words I say
'Cause I'd rather pretend  
I'll still be there at the end  
Only it's too hard to ask 
Won't you try to help me
 
Figure 8 by Ellie Goulding
Beth and Ryan


Breathe your smoke into my lungs,
In the back of a car with you I stare into the sun,
Still not too old to die young,
But lovers hold on to everything,
And lovers hold on to anything

Give Me One Good Reason by Blink-182
People's reaction to Beth/her reaction to them


Mom and dad they quite don't understand it,
All the kids they laugh as if they planned it
Why do girls wanna pierce their nose?
And walk around in torn pantyhose? Oh yeah

  I like the ones who say they listen to the punk rock
I like the the kids who fight against how they were brought up
They hate the trends and think it's f***** to care,
It's cool when they p*** people off with what they wear, oh yeah

So give me one good reason,
Why we need to be like them 


Give Your Heart a Break by Demi Lovato
Beth's relationship fears


The day I first met you
You told me you'd never fall in love
But now that I get you
I know fear is what it really was

Now here we are,
So close yet so far.
Haven't I passed the test?
When will you realize,
Baby, I'm not like the rest?

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake
There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to wait

Breathe by Taylor Swift
Beth leaving friends and family behind



I see your face in my mind as I drive away,
Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.
People are people, and sometimes we change our minds.
But it's killing me to see you go after all this time.

Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine
Beth and Ryan



Happiness, hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her, stuck still no turning back
She hid around corners and she hid under beds
She killed it with kisses and from it she fled


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...