Sunday 21 April 2013

Weekly Book Round Up! 21st April





Weekly Book Round Up!

15th - 21st April


Welcome to another weekly recap of what's been happening both on and off the blog. It's been a bit of a crazy week! In good news, the blog reached 100 GFC followers this week! :D :D <--- smilies necessary ;) I'm so incredibly grateful to every single one of you for supporting the blog and reading and commenting on my posts. I started this blog to share my love of books and recommend books to people but the fact people actually read what I write still blows my mind sometimes! I hope you continue to enjoy my reviews and THANK YOU! Aside from that I've been a bit ill this week which put a downer on things, but it did mean I got to spend yesterday in bed with a book to cheer me up. Every cloud! Here's what I've been reading, reviewing and posting on the blog this week. Enjoy!

Currently reading: The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski - a NA novel that's had a lot of hype! I bought it a few weeks ago and I've been itching to dive in. I also downloaded and started listening to Teen Idol by Meg Cabot from the library. Oh and I'm listening to Goblet of Fire on and off but on again this week because HP audiobooks are my go to when I'm sick!

Books finished: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Avalon High by Meg Cabot, Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett, The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan and Arch Enemy by Frank Beddor. Reviews of all to come!

Books reviewed: How to be Popular by Meg Cabot (audiobook), Imaginable by J. Meyers and Spy School by Stuart Gibbs

Won: My prize from the lovely Kate at Reading Under the Willow Tree arrived this week - squee! Check out this ARC copy of Undone by Cat Clarke:



I've only read Entangled by this author and I loved it, and was really excited to read more by her so when I won this I did a little happy dance. Plus I never win things so it really made me smile. Thank you again to Kate!

Library books: The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan and Teen Idol by Meg Cabot

Free Kindle downloads: Uncovering Kaitlyn by Emma Jane, Coexist by Julia Crane and The Language of Souls by Lena Goldfinch

Other posts: Teaser Tuesdays, Friday Finds, News Round Up!

Wow - didn't realise quite how busy this week had been! What have you guys been reading this week? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. Undone is amazing and, I must warn you now, may make you cry. I know I cried!
    I really enjoyed Teen Idol when I read it a few years ago- I'm a huge fan of Meg Cabot's books.
    The Weight of the Water looks really good but I've never read a book in prose before so I'm a little wary to pick it up.
    Hope you enjoy all of your books and, I know I've said it a million times now, but congratulations on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you recommend it! Can't wait to read it :D I only read my first Meg Cabot recently but it's kind of exciting discovering an author who has so many books out :D so much choice!

      I'd never read a book in prose either and sort of downloaded this one on a whim from the library, but it was really good and I didn't really focus on the fact it was written that way. I read it in one sitting in the end!

      And thank you again! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...