Saturday 20 April 2013

News Round Up! 20th April

Here's my latest weekly recap of YA news stories that have popped up on my radar. Enjoy!

The moment all Divergent fans have been waiting for arrived this week. We have a title for the third book! The final book in the trilogy will be called Allegiant. What do you think of the title? It wasn't one I'd heard in all the speculation but it certainly has a lot of potential. Find out more from Veronica Roth in a special video announcement over on USAtoday.com.

And one of the biggest news story by far this week is the release of the Catching Fire teaser trailer! The trailer premiered at this year's MTV Move Awards, and at over 2 minutes long it's certainly a teaser and a half - much more than I was expecting! What do you think of the trailer? It's certainly intense. Watch it below:







With all the hype around The Mortal Instruments film adaptation, this week we got a glimpse of book tie-ins and merchanidse. Check out the book tie-ins here on EW.com and find out more about a Hot Topic clothing line here on Hypable.

Fans of Katie McGarry (Pushing the Limits, Dare You To) like me will be happy to hear we'll be getting more books from her! According to the announcement on her Facebook page, the new book is described as "West Side Story meets Sons of Anarchy, where a teen boy brought up in the rough and tumble world of motorcycle clubs finds love with a girl raised outside of this world when he's tasked with not only protecting her for the summer she visits her father, the leader of the group, but also with preventing her from learning the truth about her father's past and the gang he used to lead". Sounds pretty awesome right?

The YALSA's Teen Top Ten nominations have been announced as part of the Teen Read Week. The titles making up the nominations include Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, Crewel by Gennifer Albin, Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Insurgent by Veronica Roth. You can read the full list on the YASLA website.   

The American Library Association released their list of most challenged novels for 2012 this week and three YA novels made the list: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and John Green's IB. I haven't read any of these books but have Looking for Alaska lined up to read soon. Read more about these challenged novels here on Examiner.com.

And finally the London Book Fair took place this week with a lot of talk surfacing about young debut authors and the rise of e-books. You can find out more about the book fair itself on the website here and catch up with what's been happening via the London Book Fair Twitter feed.

Which news stories have been getting you excited this week? Let me know in the comments!


New book releases:
Imaginable by J. Meyers
Buy: Amazon
Read my review!

What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare
Buy: Amazon



4 comments:

  1. Woo! Another Katie McGarry book! I loved Pushing the Limits and Dare You To so I'm really glad to hear that.

    I'm also a huge fan of the Catching Fire trailer and think it really captures the book.

    Thanks for sharing, Sarah! (And congrats on 100 followers!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Pushing the Limits too! <3 I still need to read Dare You To so really looking forward to getting round to that :) Catching Fire was my favourite book in the trilogy so I'm even more excited about this film! And thank you Lucy! Your comments always make me smile :D

      Delete
  2. Ok - so I stayed up late (yeah, I'm a not a night owl) to watch the loathsome MTV movie awards, JUST to see the Catching Fire trailer. Yep, I'm one of those fans. I gotta say, the trailer had me running off to grab my books and wish to re-read them.

    Good synopsis of the week's events. Thanks for sharing!
    Meagan @ Reviewing Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous you stayed up! I used to do that for Potter trailers and it's so good seeing all the buzz and stuff online when they premiere. I'm a major wimp these days and never make it up for these things :') I wanted to stay up for the City of Bones trailer too and yeah, that failed. But the trailer was so good and I'm so excited for this film! I listened to the trilogy again on audiobook recently but I'll probably fit another reread in before the film :) :) thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...