Tuesday 18 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons I Love Being a Reader/Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're talking the reasons we love reading and blogging. I'm sure there are hundreds of things I could have said but these were the first ten that came to mind. I'd love to hear yours so let me know in the comments!

Discovering new books
Being a blogger has led me to discover other blogs and that's where I get the best recommendations. I read a much wider range of books since I started blogging!
 
Strenghtening friendships
When I started my blog, it led me to start having more bookish conversations with my friends. They saw how much I loved reading and would come to me to ask for/give recommendations. There were friends I didn't realise loved books as much as me, despite knowing them years!

Chatting with authors
Authors are still kind of like rock stars to me, but through Twitter and email I've been able to chat with authors whose work I enjoy and respect, and that's pretty darn cool!
 
Recommending books
I just love sharing my recommendations. I can't keep a good book to myself! Having a blog is the best platform for being able to share those books you want to shout about from the rooftops.

Someone saying they love a book you recommended
This is literally the best feeling ever! It makes me so happy when someone enjoys a book I recommended and thanks me for it.
 
Supporting authors
Since I started blogging and widening what I read, I've discovered a wealth of authors I may not otherwise have come across, from indie and self-published authors, to debut authors. I love being able to support them and spread the word about their awesome work to others who may not have heard of them.

Writing
I love writing and starting my blog has given me a chance to share thoughts and feelings through things like opinion posts. Reading and blogging also motivate me to write my own novel one day!

Fangirling
A whole online community to fangirl over the latest YA books with? Heaven!

Meeting like minded people
It's so nice to be able to chat with people who care about books just as much as you do! Book lovers always have something to talk about.
 
Being comfortable with yourself
I don't think I'm the only person who was slightly embarassed about my reading habits at one point in my life. I was scared of talking about my love of books and my love of YA, but seeing how many other people share my passion has caused me to be more comfortable with myself and made me a more confident person.

3 comments:

  1. Authors are also my rockstars so I love interacting with them! You have a few other great points that made my list Sarah. You can find my TTT here
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-reasons-i-love-being.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. If authors are your rock stars, we have to say that bloggers are our heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blogging has always been casual because I started my blog by accident while trying to register for an author's give-away. I have no schedule or themed days; I blog when I have a review or something bookish to ask. I also share articles about bookstores, libraries, and reading, I serendipitously stumble upon. As far as reading goes, beyond it being a fabulous form of positive mentally-stimulating entertainment, I also read to "escape" stressful suroundings. I have used books for escapism since I was a child. My son was seriuosly ill for three years a bit ago, and I don't know what I would have done without certain comfort books like Harry Potter, Scifi books to keep my mind off my troubles, and even the mindless dimestore romances I read sitting for hours in the infusion room at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...