Saturday 30 November 2013

The Weekly Book Round Up! 30th November



This week was slightly hectic in real life which meant things went a little bit quiet on the blog. If there are any news stories I've missed this week then make sure to leave them in the comments! And I love hearing what you guys have been reading as well.

In the News

We have a brand new shiny Vampire Academy trailer! This one features more snarky Rose which I adore. Watch it below.



There are also some new stills from the film which you can see over on FangirlDaily.

Catching Fire has made a record breaking $161.1 million on its opening weekend, making it even more successful than The Hunger Games. Read more over on FangirlDaily.

And MyKindaBook celebrared the relaunch of their website this week. You can sign up and get all kinds of extras from your favourite books and authors over at MyKindaBook.com.

On the Blog

I started off this week by posting my review of Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate. I enjoyed it, but it left me wanting a bit more. On Tuesday I posted my review of the incredible Every Day by David Levithan - an absolute must read! I took part in Waiting on Wednesday where I shared my excitement for Trouble by Non Pratt. And on Thursday I caved and admitted defeat at NaNoWriMo.

What I've Been Reading


I finished reading Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan this week. It was my first book by her and I really enjoyed it! I also polished off Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter which is the fourth book in the Gallagher Girls series. It was my favourite so far! I'm back reading Pawn by Aimee Carter which I'll hopefully be finishing this week. It's SO good. And after that I'm hoping to start Champion by Marie Lu!

3 comments:

  1. I'm really not keen on the Vampire Academy trailer and don't know how I'll put up with the whole film. I quite enjoyed the book so I'm really disappointed. :(
    I'm glad you thought highly of Unspoken, because it's currently sat on my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get a completely different vibe from the books and the footage I've seen from the film so far. I didn't really like the first trailer but this one looks a bit more promising! Fingers crossed they've kept the spirit of the books. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Unspoken! :D

      Delete
  2. You are reading so many books at once! Glad you are enjoying Pawn though as I've got it on my kindle to be read :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...